Welcome to the first meal in my bi-weekly series of #mealsonbudget. Thanks to COVID >> Inflation >> Recession, your grocery budget is probably feeling the pinch. However, we refuse to live like peasants. This series will give you two luxury meals every week for two people under $10 for the next month. Guess what? I also know the importance of leftovers, so I have synchronised my recipes so you do not have to throw away anything or end up with ingredients you cannot use. First this week is a spaghetti recipe ‘spaghetti In Coconut Creamed Crabs Tails’. If you want to follow along, join the tag #mealsonbudget and join the #mealsonbudget mailing list to get notified of every new recipe.
Spaghetti in Coconut Creamed Surimi Recipe
Spaghetti in Coconut Creamed Surimi
- 1 Non Stick Cooking Pot
- 250 Gram Spagetti Pasta ($1 – $2)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk ($1 – $3)
- 100 Grams Surimi/Crabs Tail (Canned $2 – $5)
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mixed Vegetable (Buy a full bag and take 1/2 Cup out)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onions $0.5
- 1 Medium Chilli Pepper $0.3
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Crushed Ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop the onions and chilli into tiny pieces.
- In a coking pot, bring 5 cups of water to boil.
- Put in the spaghetti pasta and boil until soft. (Don't forget to stir)
- Run the spaghetti through a sieve and run some cold water over it. Set aside to drain.
- In the same pot, (make sure it is dry), heat the oilve oil.
- Add the chopped onions, mixed vegetables and chillis and saute until just soft.
- Add the crushed ginger, crushed garlic, parsley, oregano and salt. Leave to saute fr about 3 -4 mins.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add the spaghetti. Mix throughly with a coking tong until well combined.
- Leave on a low heat for about 3-4 mins.
- Serve with grated cheese (Optional Luxury) and enjoy
I made this and it was hit!