Is it really Christmas without orange, molasses and ginger? Seriously, it’s just the first week of December and I am already through two jars of molasses. This recipe I made as a treat for my neighbours because they are really nice people. Sharing a lot of similar recipes from India, we have near similar spice tolerance levels so they are my perfect dinner hangout spot (when invited).
This Christmas though was the first time I decided to bake for them. They have been a huge help to me this year, when I went through the toughest challenge of the year. They supported with so much grace, love and patience. This is for them!!!
Snowmen Gingerbread Cinnamon Cupcakes
- 6-hole cupcake tim
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C
- In a Mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.150 grams unsalted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beating gently after each egg3 medium eggs
- Add the molasses and malt extract, vanilla extract and beat until all is properly combined. Set aside1/2 cup molasses, 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract, 1/2 cup malt extract
- In another bowl, combine the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon1 cup plain flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until properly cmbined
- Line your cupcake tin and fill each hole just a half inch below the top
- Bake at 150C for 45 min or until a skewer comes out dry.