Nothing says Christmas than a fresh bottle of mulled wine, cinnamon and oranges. What better to add to my winter recipe portfolio? I made a large batch of mulled wine with the best cinnamon sticks I had come across in years and had a lot left over. This I made with my leftover wine and some ginger biscuits that have been in my cupboards for a really long time. I had no idea it would actually work out. But it did.
I use store bought ginger biscuits and bought my orange slices on amazon. The topping is made with white chocolate melted in my leftover wine and a little more ginger spice. You can make yours from scratch using ginger, dried orange slices, cinnamon and aniseeds. Cheesecakes are always good any season of the year. I always find it challenging coming up with good recipe for winter. Most of my cheesecake end up with a hint of summer or halloween flavours. This recipe is punchy and sweet!!! I hope you enjoy it.
Santa’s Mulled Mini Ginger Crust Cheesecake
- Non-stick Saucepan
- 2 100ml dessert glasses
- 10 Gingernut Biscuits
- 1/4 cup mulled wine
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 150 grams white chocolate
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Crush the gingernut biscuits in a food processor or with a rolling pin10 Gingernut Biscuits
- Add the melted butter and stir.2 tbsp melted butter
- Layer the gingernut busicuits at the botttom of your two dessert glasses and place in the fridge
- in a sauce pan, melt the white chocolate, with the mulled wine, orange zest and cinnamon powder1/4 cup mulled wine, 1 tsp orange zest, 150 grams white chocolate, 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Top the gingernut cheesecake layers with the melted chocolate and freeze for at least 1 hour.