These summer lollies recipe is what I am living for these days. With summer slowly creeping in, you need “chill” at hand and I am getting more of my summer recipes curated. These are easy to make and you can use any cookie you like. I was having on my bad binge days with Oreos in yoghurt loosened with milk. And freezing it seemed like a good idea. So here we are….. You need the right Lolly Mould to get this right. I used a vertical standing lolly mould here.
Frozen yogurts do not hold firm for long when frozen and tend to fizzle off rather than melt away – so best have these immediately they come out. As with regular summer lollies that hold up and melt away gradually, these fizzle off really fast and you may find yourself chewing at the end. You can use pour favourite yogurt with coconut or simple whole milk. I love oreos and therefor my natural choice for chocolate biscuits. Just crush the oreos lightly and you can simply freeze this up with whole milk to make simple oreos ice lollies. You can also use just milk, just yoghurt or just coconut milk, frozen in an ice lolly mould overnight to make simple ice lollies. If you’re using natural yogurt, you’ll need to contrast the sourness with sugar, honey or jam. If you have sugar-phobia like me, you can use agave.
Cookies and Cream Yoghurt Lollies
- 1 Silicon Lolly Mould Lolly mould sticks
- 15 Double Oreo Cookies
- 300 ml Greek Yoghurt
- 300 ml Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Agave Syrup
- In a Zip Lock Bag, Crush the Oreo Cookies into Bite sized crumbs.15 Double Oreo Cookies
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, yoghurt and agave until smooth.300 ml Greek Yoghurt, 300 ml Whole Milk, 1 tsp Agave Syrup
- Add the crushed Oreos to the mixture and mix gently.
- Pour Mixture into mould filling them to the very top.
- Insert mould sticks at the bottom and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- To remove from mould, run under water for 1 minute and pop them out.