Is it possible to say cocao cupcake and healthy in the same sentence? It definitely is now! These healthy cupcakes are made with cocao, almonds, oats, chocolate chips and raspberries. There is so much to love in this recipe! This is how a perfect Holiday Teatime should look like when I am invited! Just kidding, you know that I love healthy treats and if I can eat a chocolate cupcake and call it healthy, I am all in for that effort! These cocao cupcakes will be great for a breakfast on the run, for those mornings that you run late. They are great to place in a bag and throw into your purse to take with you for those moments when you need a pick up in energy.
Note that these are ‘cacao’ not ‘cocoa’ cup cakes made with ‘cacao’ powder. Cacao powder and cocoa powder are very similar in that they are both made from cocoa but cocoa is processed at a much higher temperature (and often packaged cocoa contains added sugar and dairy). Cacao powder is usually. in its pure form ans can be used in baking or other forms of sweet cooking. Again, healthy chocolate cupcakes. I should not have to say much more. As funny as it sounds for a treat, these are the perfect combination of tangy and sweet at the same time. It makes my taste buds dance. Half of the cocao powder I used is Super Cocao Powder. I received it from Aduna World, so Thank you to them!!! Your gifts made for a fun and tasty week at my place. Along with the super cocoa powder, I added some pureed raspberries, this was the crown of the cookie. I swear, cookies cannot get much better than that. I also made them using the smaller version of cupcake papers and muffin tin. Smaller servings equal fewer calories. Plus they will last longer in the refrigerator.
- 6 Hole Muffin Tray
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Oats
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate CHip
- 4 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Melted. butter unsalted
- In a blender or food processor Puree raspberries into a smooth paste.1/2 cup raspberries
- In a bowl mix melted butter, milk, eggs and honey/maple syrup, raspberry puree, vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.4 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup, 1/2 cup raspberries, 2 Medium Eggs, 1/4 Cup Milk, 1/2 Cup Melted. butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Add in Baking soda, Baking powder, crushed almonds, crushed oats, cacao powder and cocoa powder.1/2 Cup Crushed Oats, 1/2 Cup Crushed Almonds, 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder, 1 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Mix until well combined. This should be thick and sticky like a brownie mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoon to each hole of a regular muffin sized tray.
- Smoothen out the top with a wet spoon.
- Top with milk chocolate chips.
- Bake at 150C for 30 Mins.